Sunday, August 30, 2009

Reflections from El Salvador 01

I'd like to share some reflections from my time in El Salvador, these are personal reflections I wrote in my journal while there. There's a consistent theme I found in my life during that week, and in know way do I imply that this is relevant to everyone, just thought I'd share a few spiritual happenings from the trip.

12 August 2009

And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

“Worthy are you, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they existed and were created.”

- Revelation 4.9-11, ESV



So many crowns.

So many pursuits, so many things that I must lay at the feet of Jesus.

Some pure and good, some noble and just.

But all fall short of a deep love with Jesus. A communion of divine proportions.

This is what we are made for.

To love Him.

To love him deeply, passionatly, foolishly, recklessly, and dangerously.

Out of this love, from this love comes loving our neighbors, loving each other, out of this love is a fountain of Life, a living water that will quench all thirst.

We will be satisfied.

Today is a great day, so early and beautiful.

Happiness is carried on the morning breeze, joy splashing against the shores with the waves.

Amidst this moment, I feel as if my heart, not even weeks ago, was as hard as stone. Cold and dark.

Yet now, the dark cold winters night retreats from my soul in the warm glow of a sunrise. A new day.

May Jesus be with us today, may his love go with us. Peace, love, and joy in our hearts, gifts to the beautiful people we go out to.

1 comment:

Heespharm said...

Your post so eloquently describes the feelings in my heart... "love God recklously dangerously..." live it asher... Good to know that this trip has changed so many of us in a strong way... Keep up the posts... And I'll keep reading them.. -hees